January 29, 2008

This was not a commission, but a school project that turned into a gift. One day I just decided to browse my computer for a good picture to paint for my portrait class. I chose to do a small monochromatic painting of my cousin Blake and his bride Whitney at their wedding. At their wedding, they had a dance. For the first song, "You Raise me up" by Josh Groban, just the two of them danced. That was almost a sacred moment, just watching to two of them dance there- despite the fact that everybody had the cameras on them.
At first I just thought that it was just a good project to complete in a few hours. However, when I showed my Mom, she almost cried and told me that they would love it if I gave it to them. In short, I did end up giving it to the two of them when they came down for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say how Beautiful that picture is WOW!! that's cool you and your family went there! i thought it was cool that the lake looked so REAL like REALLY REAL! it is great

Leanne said...

Wow, Kamron! This painting actually made me cry. It's a beautiful portrait of them. You captured the moment incredibly!