January 21, 2008

This is the Dragon painting. It took me four months to complete, from the time that I first sketched out some rough little drawings at my dentist's office, to the time that I signed my signature today. In fact, I started it September 21st and signed it today, January 21st so it took exactly four months.
In this scene a large copper and cobalt dragon has landed after an early morning flight. Upon discovering the giant wolf, it raising his wings as an instinct, attempting to make itself appear larger. It is not intimidated by the wolf, but rather is only slightly startled as it appears from amidst the tall grass. At the same time the unsuspecting giant wolf, Fenrir (a giant wolf from Norse mythology, also known as the Fenris Wolf), has climbed atop his own rock and stares at the arial visitor. This beast is not intimidated by the pomp of the dragon but remains motionless.
Also present in the picture is a Fire Salamander (a mythical creature from several parts of Europe). This creature is merely an 'easter egg' in the painting that one finds only upon closer inspection.

2 comments:

Ivy ~ Child of Clay said...

oooooooh, me like this, the face is slightly more narrow than what i expected/invisioned or whatnot but it is quite good, i ahve no complaints at the anatomy of your guy... neway, keep it moving (p.s. i like the hair cut, cute) ;P

Kamron said...

Actually, I accidently lied- I started the painting project on August 21st, so it was a five month project.